It’s Back to School time, and with it comes a host of “new” things. New supplies, new classes, new schools, new planners to keep organized, new routines, and even new friends. Why not add in a new activity that will help boost your child’s confidence, help them focus better (leading to better grades), provide them with a consistent after school schedule, and equip them to handle bullying?
Martial Arts is quite possibly one of the best activities for children to begin alongside their new school year. The structure that martial arts provides will help them to be better and more focused students as they head back to school for a brand new year.
Here are 5 reasons how Martial Arts can help your child with the new school year:
1) Promotes Structure and a Consistent Schedule. Children thrive on structure. Their new school day will provide a lot of structure, and adding in an after school routine that will positively impact their week for the better, is ideal. Not only will your child appreciate the structure of regular martial arts classes, but they will thrive in school due to the respectful structure of martial arts, as well. Further, allowing children a consistent schedule to maintain and look forward to will also be an asset as your child slides back into the new school year routine.
2) Builds Confidence to Stand Up to Bullies. As your child heads to school and hopefully makes a bunch of new friends, there is always, unfortunately, a chance for bullies. Learning how to stand up to bullies by utilizing the confidence and skills learned in martial arts will help your child to protect and defend themself if necessary. Whether it’s using their words to express their desires, or their practical martial arts skills, your child will have the confidence they need to take care of themself.
3) Better Focus for Better Grades. After a long school day, kids often have a lot of stored up energy they need to get out. As they are provided with the opportunity for regular physical exercise, they will better be able to focus in their daily life, allowing for them to pay closer attention in class and ultimately, earn better grades.
4) Promotes Teamwork. Teamwork is an important skill for children to learn. Martial arts teaches kids to work together, communicate their needs and wishes, and support others, as well. Teamwork skills are a huge benefit in the classroom, and your child will find many applications for their teamwork skills while at school. While learning teamwork, your child might just find some new friends while on the mats, too!
5) Natural Start Time. Back to School season is the ideal time to set up new routines, expectations, and schedules for the new school year. Since kids are already in the mindset to start a new schedule, it is the perfect time to start their new after school activities, as well. Martial arts provides a well-rounded sport that will benefit your child for life.
Back to School is the Perfect Time to Begin Martial Arts
If you’ve been considering martial arts for your child and have been waiting for the right time to jump in, there is no better time than the Back to School season. Your child will find confidence, enjoy the structure and consistent schedule, get their wiggles out, be better equipped to stand up to bullies, and learn teamwork all within this one sport. If you are needing a fall sport, be sure to check out how martial arts can help your child grow and thrive.
Plantation’s John Wai Martial Arts is offer a special Kids Martial Arts BACK TO SCHOOL SPECIAL! 14 Days for $14 – This includes two weeks of life changing classes, Complimentary Private 1 on 1 session with one of our High Level Instructors, & a Free Official Academy Tshirt. Get the 14 for $14 Now!